Submit Your Story

Submit Your Story
Submit Your Article

Currentblips Exclusive

Currentblips Exclusive
Provide Latest News

World Of Entertainment

World Of Entertainment
Connect Now

Sale and Purchase

Sale and Purchase
Used and New Cars

Videos on Demand

Loading...

Chairman of House Oversight asks Ford why it pulled ad

Friday, September 30, 2011

Ford Press Conference Ad Chris

The U.S. House of Representatives is investigating the motives behind the recent decision by Ford to pull an ad from its YouTube account that's critical of the government bailouts of General Motors and Chrysler, only later to restore it. Representative Darrell Issa, R-California, has asked Alan Mulally, president and CEO of Ford, for a "full and complete explanation" of his company's reasoning for temporarily pulling the ad. Earlier this week, Ford reportedly said that the ad was removed from the company's YouTube page as part of a planned rotation, and that it would continue to run online (there's no word on whether Ford will resume airing the ad on television, however).

In addition, Ford says that it continues to support the automotive bailout on the grounds that the automotive industry is a tight-knit network of companies, unions and workers. According to The Detroit News, Issa is specifically concerned that Ford received undue pressure from the White House to pull the ad. That's an allegation that Dan Pfeiffer, White House communications director, staunchly denies. Nevertheless, Issa has asked Ford to turn over any documents that pertain to the discussion of the ad. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment